Datacenter Confidential - Sysadmins are insane

23:34 <chris> wow, it is unbearably hot in my apartment. i couldnt sleep if i tried tonight
23:34 <lance> blah, try having to sleep in the day as your room slowly gets warmer and warmer :P
23:34 <chris> "simply sleep"
23:35 <lance> vodka helps :)
23:35 <chris> not for me.. i'm just drunk and awake ;)
23:35 <lance> haha
23:36 <lance> i'm a small guy so i quickly go into the "hmmm kinda tired, let me just rest here and close my eyes" phase
23:36 <chris> the downside of simply sleep is that sometimes it works too well
23:37 <chris> also, like just about everyone in the sysops team except the managers, i'm in the grip of one or more sleep disorders
23:37 <lance> heh
23:38 <chris> no joke, there are a variety of mental and physical maladies that people who excel in my line of work seem to have in common
23:40 <chris> for example, just to demonstrate how serious it is, the other day we're driving back to the office from lunch. me, eddie, tom and
dave. i mention that the bmw in front of us has its passenger door cracked open
23:40 <chris> eddie, sitting in front of me on the passenger side says he's been trying hard not to look at it
23:41 <chris> OCD. but i'm the same way
23:41 <chris> so tom, who is driving, tail the guy for an extra couple of miles just to fuck with me and eddie.
23:42 <chris> the point is, dave is probably the most well adjusted of the four of us in that car

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the DC Madam to Late Night Shots

Anniversary